Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Bedtime Stories | Niki Rowland



Hey there! Niki here today with this layout that is a little out of my comfort zone. I usually like to create on white backgrounds but today I'm working on a black background, eek!

I've seen these awesome Galaxy layouts around recently and thought I'd give it a go. So I took a piece of black cardstock and then set about adding lots and lots of light coloured flicks to my background.


I used original Shimmerz paints for this as they are highly pigmented. Sprays are more fine as they have to go through a spray applicator, but the original Shimmerz are in pots so I just took my paintbrush, dipped it in the pots and flicked away!

I used Shimmerz Sugar Plum, Shimmerz Peacocks Plume, Blingz Hi Ho Silver. I also added some flicks of white acrylic paint to add to the effect.


When all the splatters were dry, I then took Shimmerz Sugar Plum and a wetwipe and applied the paint directly to the background, swirling it around in a circle shape. I did two of these. 

Once the swirls were dry I added white machine stitching around and around in messy circles. This challenged my machine stitching skills!

Once my background was complete I added a black and white photo with some tissue paper behind it and a frame. I also added my title using irridescent glitter alphabet stickers. I then went crazy with stars - some punched from patterned papers, some stickers, some puffy stickers and I also added lots of enamel dots in coordinating colours.

I had loads of fun making this layout even though it was way out of my comfort zone. I love the way the paint sits on top of the background card and dries true to colour too - oh and the shimmer, did I mention the shimmer!!!

Don't forget that if you place a Shimmerz order and put my name in the comments you will recieve a free gift - happy days!

Happy scrapping xx 


 Products used:


No comments: