Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Autumn Shaker card with Sandi Clarkson

Hello, Shimmerz fans! 

Sandi here with you today sharing a card I made for my sister-in-law. 
I always try to make something special for her because not only do I love her but she also is the person who introduced me to scrapbooking. 




So, here is the completed card using 6 Shimmerz colors as well as some of the sequins that Stacey is now carrying in the store. And of course, lots of Creative Embellishments chipboard. 

This is actually a shaker card, so I had to think a bit as I created, lol! 





Here was one of the first pieces of CE chipboard that I altered by spraying it with Vibez Hot Fudge which gave it a nice sheen!





Next I prepared the CE Viney Frame by first giving it a coat of black gesso. I had been wanting to experiment with using the Shimmerz on a black base and was pleasantly surprised.

Originally, I was just going to use only 2 colors: Inklingz Miner Miner 49er and Spritz Granny Gray .... but later decided to throw in some of the yummy Vibez Quit Yer Wine-n. It is so gorgeous!




My little CE "Happy" chipboard title piece was colorized with black gesso and then Shimmerz So Sappy which gave it a beautiful copper-y glow. At the very end everything was dabbed with white gesso.




Here is another view of the Viney frame as well as more of the lace border where you can really see the shimmer!





Because this is a Shaker card, I used another frame that you can't see (by design) but it was coated with Vibez Grey Flannel to make it blend with the background photo better. Here you can also see the sequins I put inside the shaker which are Spigelmom Scraps Sequins Rustic Retreat. Perfect for my color scheme!





And one last shot of the frame where you can see how the 3 colors look on the black gesso.
Also, towards the end, I splattered drops of the Vibez Quit Yer Wine-n all around my focal point.




Here are the Shimmerz products that I've used.

Shimmer Paints products used:




Thanks for coming by the blog today!
Don't forget to use my name when you place your retail order for a free surprise gift from Stacey.

Sandi




Other products used: 
Prima Amber Moon paper collection
Prima French Riveria flowers
Creative Embellishments products used:

2 comments:

Cathy said...

your project is lovely. the sprays make all the difference!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Thanks so much, Cathy! Your comment warms my heart!