Monday, July 30, 2018

We Click | Niki Rowland



Hey Shimmerz Fanz! Niki back with you today with a new layout and process video.
I started off by choosing a paper collection and a cut file. The cut file is by Paige Evans and is called 'Split Circles Background' in case you want to go find it. I cut this on Marshmallow cardstock which is a heavy duty card so that it could take lots of beautiful Shimmerz products without warping too much. The paper collection I chose was Wild Heart by Crate Paper and I then pulled out all the Shimmerz products I own to see which ones matched the Wild Heart collection - I pulled out a whole bunch as I wanted to pull through lots of the colours from the collection onto my background.


Take a look at the process video below to see exactly how I created the background but I'll try to explain it here too: I cut the cut file but left it stuck to my cutting mat. I then applied lots of Shimmerz products (listed below) starting with pinks, changing to yellows, then greens. I used a mix of Dazzlerz, Texturez, Spritz, Vibez, Coloringz and Shimmerz. Some I applied with a palette knife and some with a paintbrush and some I smooshed on using the packaging technique. With it all stickk stuck to my cutting mat I left it to dry.


Once my background was dry I pulled the negative part of the cut file off the mat, leaving all the small positive pieces still on the mat. I stuck the negative part over the top of another sheet of white card and held it in place with tape. I then applied foam pads through each of the holes, then picked off each positive piece and stuck them back through the negative part that I was using like a stencil. Once they were all stuck in place, I carefully peeled off the negative part which left me with all the positive pieces perfectly in place on a white background.  If you can't get your head around that, check out the process video below!


I then added my photo and embellishments and of course lots of sequins by Spiegelmom Scraps. I add sequins to almost every layout and the ones by Spiegelmom Scraps are by far my favourite ones - they add gorgeous little details and extra sparkle!

You can view my process video of this layout here:


Shimmerz Paints Products used:
Yellows: Lemon Drop Dazzlerz, Glorious Day Vibez, Sunny Shimmerz
Greens: Jilted Jade Shimmerz, Oh Say Can You Sea Coloringz, Well Blue Me Down Coloringz, Sea U in the Morning Dazzlerz
Pinks: Pop Art Pink Vibez, Crushed Coral Texturez, Sweet Heart Vibez, Pink Shimmerz
Spiegelmom Scraps Sequins

I hope you enjoyed my layout and my process video - don't forget if you place an order through the Shimmerz Store, put my name in the comments and you'll recieve a free gift!

Happy scrapping xxx  



No comments: