Saturday, March 31, 2018

Pencil case tutorial using Stampz | Rocío López

Hi!!

Rocío here with a new project and process video for Shimmerz Paints as part of their YouTube Education Team. For today I made a pencil case using the super beautiful Stampz with some of my favorites paints. You can preorder your Stampz in the Shimmerz Paints store right now!


As base of my pencil case I chose a canvas fabric and I used the Stampz sets Fresh Start and Hello happiness to create the design. I created the cluster of flowers with the masking technique.

Don't forget to use a permanent ink for stamping to resist the waterbase paints.


To add the color I used some of my favorite Shimmerz and Inkling with the Stampz and the masking technique again. 


I wanted a clean impression for the sentiment so I used the Stamp Platform from Tim Holtz. But you can use whatever stamping tool you have or do it with your acrylic block. 


To assemble the case I used a zipper and a hot glue gun instead of a sewing machine but you can use it if you prefer it. I made it that way to keep the process easier. 


And now I leave you with the process video on how to create a pencil case




I hope you like it and see you soon!

PRODUCTS USED:

STAMPZ: Fresh start and Hello happiness. 
SHIMMERZMagenta, Sunny, Evergreen, Peacock's Plume and Christmas Cheer.
INKLINGZPlum Crazy.

No comments: