Thursday, March 22, 2018

"Dream Big" Art Journal Entry & Exciting Announcement!! | Nicole Kerr

Hello Shimmerz Fanz!
Nicole here and today I have a bright and cheerful art journal layout to share with you! (Be sure to stay with me until the end for an exciting announcement!!!) I don't know about you, but I'm over the snow, done with winter and seriously, I thought it was suppose to be Spring!? As we shovel ourselves out of the 6" of snow, I look at this layout and think, ahh...sunshine, birds and flowers are on the horizon.  It's all uphill from here, right?! Hahaha! Anywho, here is a quick look at my final layout:


I began with a bottle of masking fluid and an old paint brush.  I randomly painted on circles and lines with the masking fluid.  (The masking fluid will ruin your brush, so don't use a good one!) What this does is create a barrier so the surface underneath is protected from other mediums. Once it was dry, I began painting random areas of Spritz in Sapphire, Coloringz in Don't Citron Me and Vibez Sunset Strip. (I mixed the Sapphire and Sunset Strip to get the deeper tone of green, then highlighted that color with the Don't Citron Me color.)  I added several layers of color to some of the circles, drying in between layers. Below you can see the masking fluid still on my page during the drying process:



Once all of the layers of color where completely dry (very important so the colors do not bleed), I then began rubbing my finger over the masking fluid.  This is the fun part! It's almost like rubbing rubber cement off paper! Doing this removes the masking fluid, leaving the background exposed to shine thru your project!  Once all of the dried masking fluid was removed, all that was left was to embellish, doodle and add my title!  Here are the final close ups of my layout:
 




Here are the links to the products I used today:

  Thanks so much for joining me today!
I hope I have inspired you to be colorful and creative!

 ......BUT WAIT!!!!!....DID YOU SEE THE BIG ANNOUNCEMENT???


SHIMMERZ PAINTS STAMPZ ARE HERE!
Just in case you missed all the buzz on social media, Shimmerz has released 10 brand new stamp sets!  These sets are stunning and perfect for all your painting and card making projects!  In fact, they are currently holding a PRE-ORDER NOW! Check out the stamps HERE to order yours today!
 You don't want to miss them!



No comments: