Sunday, July 30, 2017

Mixed Media Junk Journal


Today, I’m sharing the cover of my new junk journal.  This junk journal will hold memorabilia such as tickets from events, my Camp Fire Girl membership card (Does anyone here remember, “WoHeLo”?), some college id’s, childhood pen pals letters, report cards, thumbnail drawings, and other memorabilia.


To make this journal easy to store, I need to create without a lot of bulky flowers and other dimensional elements.  To do this, I had to use some mixed media skills.  Below are my work product methods:

Cover:  I applied thick threads and torn bit of lacy parts on thick watercolor paper with a matte medium.  I then lightly applied a mist of water to the paper before applying a mist of a combination of Shimmerz Paint products such as Shimmerz Mango, Peechy Keen, Snow, and some Inklingz  Coral Reef.  Once those applications dried, I let some Shimmerz  Heavy Metal and Taupe of the Morning flow into the corners to darken them up a little and add contrast.  Some peachy colors were also used on the tattered ribbon and little beads were attached. 
The size of the junk journal cover is 6 x 8 inches.  I also made some beaded charms to be affixed to the journal spine when that portion is completed.


As I add more pages using Shimmerz Products, I’ll share them with you too.

Thanks for letting me share with you.



1 comment:

Paper Attic said...

Just gorgeous Joyce, I love everything about it, the textures are wonderful, the tulle, the colors and those threads are just lovely.