Monday, July 24, 2017

Layers of Shimmerz for two toned effects

Hi Everyone, Beck Beattie here today sharing a card I used using the fun Shimmerz paint.  I love the shimmery goodness that are contained in these pots, and sometimes even a bonus that with just a little stir it is ready to go!


Shimmerz Products Used:
Shimmerz - Bubble Gum Blast
Shimmerz - Antique Lace


I thought I would take you through the process of creating the sweet two toned stripes in the background of my card today.

First I took the Bubble Gum Blast Shimmerz, gave it a little stir and then added some stripes to the background.  I really love this look and how it transforms the background instantly.


I wanted to add a little more colour so after I gave the first layer a dry off I added a second layer of a differeent color.  This time the Antique Lace.  This color seriously goes with anything!  It is definintely one of my favourites!


I just love how the two toned stripes really help tie all the other elements of the card into the background and make it all one.  You could really have some fun with this technque!

Here are some more pics of my card:





I Hope you enjoyed my share today.

Happy Crafting!




1 comment:

Scraps of Elegance said...

Oh, the results are so yummy Beck.