Sunday, April 9, 2017

Just Us Layout | Katty Miranda

Hello friends! Katty here to share a 12x12 layout with you all. I am scrapping an older photo of me and my adorable neice. She was about 8 months old here. She was the cutest baby, well she still is the cutest. I printed my photo in black and white so that I could create some fun colorful florals which is something I love to do.


I began with two stencils by The Crafters Workshop. One has leaves and the other has flowers. I used my Dazzlerz Texture paste through the stencils. For the leaves I used two colors, the Sea U in the mornin and Sour Apple. For the flowers, I used Pucker up Pink, Coral me Crazy and Dreamscicle. Once they were dry, I used  my fussy cutting scissors and cut the images out.

I wanted to create some larger flowers so I used the new Acritonez and a very complicated and advanced technique, lol, just kidding, I drew the flowers with the tip of my fingers. I used the acritonez in Pinkadelic and Orange U Glad, I mixed in some if the white Acritonez, called 3 sheets to the wind and blended it with the paint, then I used the same white with a small brush and painted a few white details on the flowers.

I arranged the flowers on a white Cardstock and added my photo in the center. I used a piece of patterned paper to mat my photo and added some dimensional foam behind it. I added a simple tittle which I placed on velum and cut it out.
I added some splatters using a Vibez in Pop Art Pink and a Coloringz in Pink Stilettos. 

To finish it off I used a scallop doily border punch and punched out the top and the bottom of the white cardstock. I added a matching green cardstock behind as a mat. In the end the layout turned out super simple and I love this mix of colors.
There is a video on my channel if you'd like to watch my process:


Products Used:
Dazzlerz: Sea U in the Mornin', Sour Apple, Pucker Up Pink, Coral me Crazy, Dreamkscicle
Acritonez: Pinkadelic, Orange U Glad
Vibez: Pop Art Pink
Coloringz: Pink Stilettos
Thanks so much for stopping by today and remember...
XOXO


No comments: