Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Happy Heart | Adrienne Alvis

Hello Shimmerz fans! I'm here today sharing a layout I created using some Texturez paste, Coloringz ink, and Shimmerz shimmering paint...


To begin, I started by layering a piece of patterned paper on top of a light pink piece of card stock for my background and then decided where I wanted my photos and cut file to go. After I was satisfied with the placement of the main elements of my layout, I chose one of my stencils and some Tidy Widy Texture paste and used a small spatula to create the dimensional dots. 



After the Texturez paste dried, I took the black and white cut file and sprayed and splattered some Well Blue Me Down Coloringz spray ink on top of it to help bring out the aqua blue color in my photos. I also added a few ink splatters using the Night Moves Coloringz around the edges of my layout for some added contrast and to coordinate with the black elements on my page. 


Next up, I took a watercolor brush and dipped it in some Tickle Me Turquoise Shimmerz paint and dripped it onto a piece of tissue paper so I could blot some areas around my page in the pretty, shimmery blue color. 


I used items from the Maggie Holmes Chasing Dreams collection to embellish my layout and layered a few sequins around for even more shimmer and shine!


I rarely use a colored card stock for a background, but I really love the effect of the white Texturez paste on top of the pink, don't you? Thanks so much for joining me and I hope you have lovely day!





No comments: