Friday, February 24, 2017

She Was a Wildflower - Wooden Placque with Shona

Hello Shimmerz fans!! Today I have a fun project to share. I bought a wooden mixed media placque and altered it with lots of Shimmerz products. The wood is like an old barn wood so a vintage photo was perfect to start. The photo is of my mom and sisters.


I started with lots of layers of stencil work in the back ground with the NEW Paste-eez in Salt of the Earth, The “Cream” Team and A Little Nutty. Paste-eez is a wonderful thick paste and perfect for stencil work.


The chippy gears are finished with Penny 4 Your Thoughts and French Twist Inklingz.


I also love the NEW Acritonez paints and used 3 Sheets to the Wind for the splatters and Peas Be Mine of the leafy chipboard.


A few more close ups of all the Shimmerz layers!

 
 

Check out our Facebook page for lots of inspiration and share with us what you created with Shimmerz! Look for us on Instagram too!
 
Don't forget to mention my name on your next order for your FREE product! Take care and happy scrapping!  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely picture of your mom !! Great memory !! ❤️

Scraps of Elegance said...

This is fabulous Shona! I love the texture and the wonderful photo that tells a whimsical story.