Wednesday, February 22, 2017

"A Beautiful Life..." Art Journal Page | Nicole Kerr

Hello Shimmerz fans!
Nicole here and I'm so excited to share with you the project I have created!  Today's project is an art journal page featuring the fantastic sprays and the new AcriTonez paints!

I began with prepping my pages with clear gesso and spraying the background with Ruby spritz, Peachy Keen Coloringz, Sunset Strip Vibez, Quit Yer Wine-n Vibez and Walkin' a tight Heliotrop Spritz. The gesso allowed for easier movement of the sprays when they were spritzed with water.  Red, peach and yellow blend beautifully together, however when you introduce purple, you have to be careful not to blend it with the yellow or you'll create a muddy brown color...so be sure to keep a paper towel beside you to absorb puddles of those colors.  Here is a close up of the background:


I stamped layers of text in coordinating colors and used dimensional paste colored with the above sprays to add more texture in the background. I then went in with the AcriTonez and painted green stems.  While this was all drying, I went to my stash and found a 6x6 paper pad with coordinating colors and drew very sketchy petals with a black sharpie. I fussy cut those petals out and glued them down, added wood/enamel adhesive centers and rub on leaves. The smaller flowers in the background were made using dabs of the AcriTonez paints and white gesso.  I finished the page off by adding my title and a thin black border around the page.  Here are close ups of the final page:


BONUS!
I have created a short process video of how I created this layout!
Check out the video below! 




And here are the stars of the show....the Shimmerz products that I used on this project:


Thanks so much for joining me today!
Have a colorful day!





No comments: