Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Mixing AcriTonez & Paste-eez with Missy

Hey, Shimmerz fans!  Missy here, and I'm bringing you a new layout mixing and matching the new AcriTonez and Paste-eez products.  I had so much fun making this!  I did a Shimmerz Shortz on this technique a few weeks ago.  You can find it HERE.

You know I love bright colors, so I decided to pull out some white cardstock and make some messy circles.  I used a mix of the two new products and a small acrylic stamping block.  All I did was smudge a little of the paint and paste in two or three different colors on the stamping block, turn it over and press it down onto the cardstock and turn it around once or twice.  This smudges and blends the paint.  When you pull it off the cardstock, it creates this fun web-like texture.  I combined blues and greens, pinks and yellows, added a little red and orange in the mix...it was fun to play around and see what colors looked prettiest together.  Once they dried, I just fussy cut them out and arranged them on another sheet of white cardstock.


I added some foam adhesive under the three top circles to give a bit more dimension.  I combined a Bella Blvd chipboard word with some Evalicious puffy alpha stickers for my title.  I wanted it to be white so it would pop against all those colors.  I added in a few random Simple Stories stickers and lots of SpiegelMom Scraps sequins.  I also did a bit of the packaging technique with some Jeni B Bleu Vibez and No Yoking & Pink Stilettos Coloringz.


I love how these turned out!  The texture is so cool, and I love the mix of colors.  And the shapes aren't perfectly circular, which makes them even more interesting.  When I did this technique for Shimmerz Shortz, I made these wonky circles into flowers.  Lots of possibilities!  I also added in some various matching colors of tangled thread for added color and texture.


I decided to go with a bright color photo.  I tried to focus on lots of other bright colors besides blue since there is a lot of it in the photo.  I like how pops against the pinks and yellows.  I did add a bit of adhesive foam and tissue paper under my photo.


Ahhhhh.....the color....I'm obsessed.  And this was so easy to do!  I hope you try it :)


Here's one final look at the dimension.  Just by adding a little bit of adhesive foam you get this awesome lift.  I thought the sequins were the perfect touch.


Here's my process video for this page...be sure to check out how I made these fun circles!  I hope you enjoy and get some fun ideas!



And don't forget, when you're shopping at the Shimmerz Store, mention my name in the "comments" section of your order for a FREE surprise!


Have a fantastic day!


No comments: