Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Snowflakes Are Falling | Adrienne Alvis

Hello everyone! Today I have a winter-themed layout to share with you that I created using some Inklingz, Shimmerz, and Shimmeringz spray!


I started by choosing some tree-shaped die cuts that I had previously cut out using some charcoal gray cardstock and my Silhouette. I loved the dark gray color of the paper, but I wanted to alter it a bit so that it fit better with the photo of the lovely snow scene that I had captured a few years ago so I used some "Frosty's Buns" Inklingz to add some shimmer and dimension to my trees.


I simply added a little bit a water directly to the tub of Inklingz and swirled it around for a few moments using my watercolor brush. After the ink's consistency was to my liking, I used my watercolor brush to lightly swipe it across the tree die cuts.


Next, I used my watercolor brush again and dipped it into some lovely "Golden Wheat" Shimmerz and made small brush strokes around some of the trees' edges to enhance the overall color scheme of my layout. I love using non-traditional color schemes for winter photos, don't you?




To complete my page, I sprinkled a few drops of the Shimmeringz spray, "Heavy Metal" around my layout for added shimmer and a little bit of sparkle.


Shimmerz Paints Used: Inklingz - Frosty's Buns; Shimmerz - Golden Wheat; Shimmeringz - Heavy Metal

Thanks so much for joining me today and I hope you have a wonderful and safe holiday season! See you next year!

No comments: