Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Can Spring inspired projects produce Spring weather?

Hi Everyone, it is Beck BT here again this week.  I'm still trying to encourage Spring weather to hit us down in Melbourne with a love of sharing spring inspired projects.  I'm hoping it might work something like a rain dance because gee the weather has been so cold windy and wet so far this season. This week I am sharing with you a card with a cool wood veneer altering technique using Shimmerz products of course!!


I've created a video so you can see how I altered the wood veneer as well as how my card came together.


Shimmerz Products used:

Texturez paste in Patina
Vibes Sprays in 'Taupe of the mornin'

Here are some step pictures getting you nice and up close to that wood veneer altering process.

The process:
Add Texturez paste to the wood veneer piece liberally.



Apply a heat gun to the area allowing the paste to bubble up and then shrink back down



Apply a spray of the Shimmerz Vibes spray in a contrasting color


Wipe over very gently with a wet wipe to remove some of the vibes spray and allow the paste color to show through


Add as a beautiful embellishment to your project as seen on this card


It was so much fun creating this card, so I can't help but share more pictures.  I adore how the wood veneer pieces came.  They made the perfect accent to the sweet florals on the card.







What do you get inspired by?  Maybe you can find some inspiration from your local weather!

 Thanks so much for heading over to the blog today to check out my project!  

Don't forget to mention my name when you order for some free product!  WOOT!  

Till next time


Like what I have used and would like to get your hands on some?  See below:  


No comments: