Thursday, August 11, 2016

Go See Explore with Guest Designer Adrienne Alvis

Hello Shimmerz fans! I'm here again with you today sharing another layout that I created using a mix of Coloringz, Creameez, and Dazzlerz dimensional paste.


I started creating this layout by misting some of the Coloringz Night Moves spray onto my background patterned paper. I just randomly picked an area to spray and added a few larger drops from the cap as well.


Next, after the mist dried completely, I used one of my favorite acrylic masks and placed it on top of the misted area and secured it using some washi tape so it wouldn't move around while I added the Dazzlerz Spun Sugar dimensional paste.


As you can see in the photo below, I didn't lay the dimensional paste on super thick because I wanted to add only a slight bit of texture and dimension.


After the paste dried, I added a 12" long strip of patterned paper that I placed my photo and page title on and adhered it using some foam tape. 


Using a watercolor brush, I added some of the Creameez Ride the Tide watercolor to the chipboard letters in my title and squirted a few drops around my entire layout to coordinate with the light blue elements in the patterned paper I chose. 


After placing a few more embellishments around my photo and adding my journaling, my page was complete! 


As I mentioned in my previous guest post, I was always a little shy about using a lot of paint and watercolors on my layouts, but the Shimmerz paints are so easy to use and I'm always amazed at how quickly they dry! 

Shimmerz products used: Coloringz Night Moves, Creameez Ride the Tide, Dazzlerz Spun Sugar

Thanks so much for joining me again and I hope you have a fabulous day! 



No comments: