Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Altered Candle Stick Holder with Shona


Hello Shimmerz Fans! Today I have a fun Off the Page candlestick holder from my Flying Unicorn Sept kit. It was just wood to start and I added lots of texture and color with yummy Shimmerz!

 

To start I covered it with a coat of gesso and added some crackle paste. After that dried over night it was time to add color!
 

 
 


First I added Don’t Be Suede Coloringz..and let that soak into the cracks as I heat set it. Next I added Well Blue Me Down Coloringz. I just adore this color combo and have used it many times. My finishing touches are drops of Brass Knuckles Inklingz. The finish is so pretty and I love how the color soaks into the cracks.
 

 


On your next Shimmerz order, mention my name (in the notes to merchant) and Stacey will send you a sample for FREE!!!! Swing on by our Facebook page for more inspiration and watch out for giveaways and links to the NEW Shimmerz Shortz videos! Take care and happy Scrapping!

1 comment:

Kathy Bradley said...

Shona,
Your candlestick turned out gorgeous. I really love the colors you used - awesome. Thanks for sharing.