Tuesday, March 6, 2012

365 Art Journal page

Hi there...I am back again today to share some more shimmerz Paints in use!!!!  This time in my journal, which is an art journal / project life journal.  This page is recording a recent event in our family on February 18......and was fun to do.


Products I used

COLORINGZ
Mandarin Mai Tai
Anchors away

VIBEZ 
Razzle Dazzle Berry

SPRITZ
Chick-a-dee

BLINGZ
Under the sea

ENAMELZ
Sparkiliscious



The background is made with book pages, tissue paper and decoupage medium, with distress ink.


I used a mask with Mandarin Mai Tai and Chickadee making circles patterns in the background, Then drips with Anchors Away.  Between each layer I used Helmars Fixative Spray to stop the colours melting together when they get re-wet!  It kept the colours seperate nicely.  I added Razzle Dazzle Berry in more concentrated colour sprays and let that drip too, then went over the area behind the photo in Under the Sea.

I used some watercolour crayons to do the circles and some more Under the Sea to colour the centres.  I sprinkled over Sparkiliscious Enamelz over the entire area of the wet circles and embossed it making it look glossy and have a hard acrylic look. ( and ever so sparkly!!!!)

I added some pen in black and white, edging the text (which was stamped with Staz-on) just to add highlights and to neaten things up.  And its finished!  I stuck everything down and called it finished!

Get some Shimmerz into your art Journals girls.  So much fun.
Thanks for stopping by the blog today!

Have a good day!!!

1 comment:

Stac said...

Lydell. . . I so love all the texture that you added to this LO! Awesome!