Tuesday, March 30, 2010

That's Spring!

Spring is here, at least in Italy!

I covered a canvas with gesso and before it was dry I dropped Fire Engine Red, Key Lime, Tickle-Me-Turquoise and Opal Shimmerz; with the help of palette knife I spreaded the colors on the background.



I created a small picture inside the canvas, using the stencil with the gesso. I colored it with Tickle-Me-Turquois, Sunflower, Orange Sherbet, Pink and Key Lime Shimmerz with a brush. I used Grape Escape Vibez for purple butterfly and Marigold Shimmerz on the other one.


I brushed Grape Escape Vibez on the edge of the canvas and around the small picture. Many colorful flowers and rhinestones and .... is Spring!

Have a great day with creativity!

Roberta

6 comments:

Stac said...

WOW Roberta!!!! I love how you take Shimmerz to that next level!!! So awesome. Thank so much for sharing your creativity.

Jocelyn said...

Oh I just adore this...I am waiting for the doorbell to ring with all my goodies...Now you have really inspired me!!!

Joaniebolognie said...

WOWZERS!!!! Simply stunning! I am jumping into my Shimmerz today~!!!!!!

Angela W said...

Love it! Thanks so much for sharing how you created it!

Princess Jessie Pants said...

Beautiful Roberta!! I love your creative ideas!!

Gio said...

Stunning canvas! You use Shimmerz in a very creative ways!