Monday, March 29, 2010

'One' Birthday Banner...

Turning one is a big deal...especially for this first time mom. This past weekend for my daughter's First Birthday Party, I chose to make her a birthday banner rather than buy a cheesy looking one at the party store. I'm so glad that I did because the banner I created can be used again and again for years to come!

It all began with my Cricut and paper trimmer. Using pink card stock, I cut each square to the same width and length. I then used a scallop punch to make each background for the letters. Next, I used the Cricut to make my letters and number one. After adding lots and lots of ribbon, mini-clips, and some beautiful Shimmerz, I had a banner that was worth celebrating.


For the Shimmerz details here, I used Tickle-Me-Turquoise on the top corner flower and also on the bird brad. I l.o.v.e. the way that this looks, especially when hanging - the sparkle is wonderful!

On the opposite end of the banner I also used Tickle-Me-Turquoise on a corner flower, but I chose a bigger flower this time. Sparkle, sparkle, shine!

On the center of the banner, the #1, I used a paint brush to apply Hottie Pink and then applied Mud Pie Spritz to the rest of the scalloped area. I am very pleased with how the Shimmerz highlighted even more this essential card in the banner.

Happy day to you! Thanks for stopping by.

~ Jessie A.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Stac said...

How sweet is that!!! Love all the colors and the details.

Roberta said...

I love that idea! Very sweet!

Ciao ciao