Sunday, February 21, 2010

Stamping with Shimmerz


I have been using these large background rubber stamps for my cards lately. I spray the stamps with Shimmerz Spritz and I wanted to show you how I do that.
These stamps are large enough to cover a standard size card. Spray the stamp with Red-y or Not Shimmerz Vibez. Lay the card on top of the stamp and rub with your hand. I like to do it this way because I can see where I position the paper, especially here where there are straight lines.
This is what it looks like after you remove the paper.
For the second layer I used patterned paper and stamped it with the same stamp two times. Once using Licorice Shimmerz Spritz and then with Red-y or not Shimmerz Vibez.
The next two cards are done the same way. I used Sea Foam Shimmerz Spritz for both mixed with a little Licorice Shimmerz Spritz. Once I have the stamp out I spray and stamp several pieces at once, that way I have something to use later and it is dry and ready to go.

8 comments:

Roberta said...

What a fantastic idea!!!!!!
I will have to give this a try.

Ciao

Leslie Ashe said...

Great idea, must try!
beautiful projects.

Princess Jessie Pants said...

Such cute cards!

Jana Eubank said...

I absolutely LOVE this technique!! And such a great way to use the background stamps!!! You are brilliant!!! ;)

Angela W said...

Wonderful, thanks! They all look great!

Myia Shantrice said...

Your cards are fantastic! Love them!

Stac said...

GREAT ideas and equally great cards.

Samantha McElyea said...

Very pretty!!!