Thursday, July 9, 2009

Shimmery Impressions

I am a scrapbooker at heart and I've never really thought of myself as a stamper or even a card maker for that matter, but when I heard that Shimmerz was teaming up with Impression Obsession, I knew I had to give it a go! IO has so many different types of stamps that I had a hard time trying to choose, until I came across the Noah's Ark stamp set. I have a few friends that have had babies very recently or are about to deliver any day now and I thought this set would make some really adorable cards!
To create this uber cute card, I used 3 stamps from the set, sea foam shimmerz spritz, ultra marine and orange sherbert shimmerz, gold glimmer, choc-o-lot, and pixie dust blingz.

I colored the rainbow, lion's mane, and ark with markers and colored pencils before adding shimmerz and blingz. For the roof of the ark, I just painted directly on white cardstock.

I painted along the stamped waves with ultra marine shimmerz and then spritzed them with sea foam shimmerz spritz before cutting them out and adhering to the card.

"New baby" is one of the stamps from the set. I mimicked the font with my own handwriting for "may your"; I wrote and stamped on white cardstock before spritzing with sea foam spritz. The inside of the card reads "shower your life with joy and happiness".

There you have it! Now if I can get over my hesitation and get my stamp on...so can you! Go ahead and give it a try!

6 comments:

Yvette said...

LOVE this card!!!

Kim Dellow said...

I just adore that Tanisha! Kim

Shirley said...

Tanisha, That is just adorable and so pretty too. I love all of your detail and layering too!

Anonymous said...

Ok, for someone who is not a stamper...You completely rocked this card! This is gorgeous!

tanja said...

lovely card you made
xxx tanja

Jana Eubank said...

Adorable! And that orange bow and button top it off perfectly!