Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Wings & Shimmerz

I am so excited to be posting to the Shimmerz blog, this is my first post and I am going to let you in on a secret of mine, haha. I love images with wings, and since I discovered Shimmerz it has only made those cute wings even better.

I start by coloring my image, I do not color anything that overlaps into the wings (like the hair). I then outline the inside of the wings with the lightest color I am coloring with. Here I used G24, but I use R81 a lot!!



I then take my blender and go over the marker line to make it fuzzy and faded. Push from the outside to the middle of the wing to drag the color in.



Once I have them as faded as I want I fill in my hair and outline the image with a grey for shadowing.



Then I take my Shimmerz (I used Pixie Dust Blingz) and paint the wings, this gives a little color shading and a whole lot of sparkle.



And here is my finished card, hopefully I have inspired you to give your winged stamps a bit of extra love with some Shimmerz!!



4 comments:

Jen said...

Thanks for the demo. I've wanted to know what you could do with copic markers. :)

Stac said...

GREAT tutorial and such a cute card.

Jami said...

Super cute card Jamie!! Ever since I've started using Shimmerz, every bug, angel, dragon, etc...MUST have sparkly wings!!

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

wowzer... what a cute card.. i love the demo as well
hugs