Thursday, July 18, 2024

When Life Gives You Lemons | Sarah Millerhouse | July 2024 Color Kitz

Hello friends! I am so excited to share my first layout featuring the July Color Kitz! I absolutely LOVE the colors in this kit! It’s one of my favorite Kitz ever!

I started by adding color across the middle horizontally! I added both the yellow shades (Coloringz - No Yolking and Color Splash - Squeeze the Day) and let them blend and mix! I then used a stencil and ink from my stash to add little pie piece shapes that I thought looked like lemons! I then layered on the Shimmerz - Berry Smart to add a touch of pink! I added this with a brush and then went back and moved it around and smudged it with a piece of packaging. 

I also painted the paintable ephemera sheet included in the Kitz and fussy cu
t out the images! This is where many of the beautiful strawberries and lemons came from! I also fussy cut lemons and leaves from patterned paper in the collection! 


I added my photos in a strip down the middle, matted with patterned paper from the collection. I LOVE all the patterned papers on the July Kitz!! It was then time for some fun layering up the ephemera and pieces I had fussy cut around the photos! I had so much fun doing this and enjoyed every second of it! 

I also layered in some tangled thread and the BEAUTIFUL sequins from the Bonuz Bundle! I added in a few more pieces of ephemera and my block of journaling! I had to print it in super tiny font since I had so much to say about this day! (Tip: I always go back and look to see if and what I posted about on Facebook about different life events with my kids. Often times, this makes the journaling process more specific and full of details that I might’ve otherwise forgotten. On this layout, I was able to print my exact words from the Facebook post and capture everything I wanted to remember!)

I added a little of the paint in places where most of it was covered, and then I added coordinating Pops of Color around my clusters. 

I have all the details in the full process video here: Process Video

I would suggest that you purchase everything in this Color Kitz, the paper, and the Bonuz Bundle! Everything is beautiful and you won’t regret it! Remember that if you place an order, put my name - Sarah Millerhouse, in the comment section of your order to receive a free gift! Have a beautiful day! 



No comments: