Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Sweetheart | July 2024 Color Kitz | Brandy Vaughn

Hello, friends! I could not wait to dive into the new July Color Kitz. The precious strawberry elements seem perfect for documenting this photo of my granddaughter. 
I began by choosing two of the papers, one for my background and one to back this cut file with. 


This adorable Sweetheart cut file can be found in the Shimmerz Shop here. It's just so cute!
I wanted to back the word 'sweet' with the same paper. I love how the final result looks ombre!

Then, I outlined my cut file to make it stand out a bit more from the background.


Next, I wanted to back the heart with some paper lace. I colored a piece of white cardstock with Creameez 'Good Ol Summertime' and Shimmerz 'Berry Smart' then used a lace die to cut out the lace strips. After that, I glued the strips to the center cut piece of the heart, trimmed off the excess, and glued that to the back of the cut file.

I also pained another piece of white cardstock with Shimmerz 'Evergreen' and Coloringz 'No Yolking' and used a bow die to make that adorable green bow.


I placed some of the strawberry elements around the photo and the cut file to embellish the page.


Finally, I trimmed down the strawberry paper, then painted the edge of a piece of white cardstock with Shimmerz 'Evergreen' and placed my strawberry paper on top to frame the layout.

I absolutely adore how this turned out! You can check out my process video below. I hope this inspires you to grab the Shimmerz Color Kitz and create your own sweet summer layout. Don't forget to add my name to your order for a free product!


xoxo
Brandy









No comments: