Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Honey Bunny + Bonus Easter Card | Brandy Vaughn | March Color Kitz


Hello, hello again, everyone! Today I'm back with another sweet layout using the March '24 Color Kitz! And this time I am also bringing you a precious, bonus Easter card!




I really wanted to feature the bunny paper because I love it so much! Therefore, I decided that a minimal layout was in order. I began by tearing a small strip from the middle of the bunny paper creating the perfect white area for my splatters. 
I used every color that comes in the Color Kit this month.




Then I used the packaging technique to add Shimmerz: Pink Caviar to some scrap white cardstock. Once that was dry I die-cut a stacking flower and added some finishing touches by using a small paintbrush to apply Vibes: Quit Yer Wine-N. I also die-cut some leaf stems and added color by spraying on Vibes: Arti-Choked.




I finished the layout by adding the adorable ephemeral pieces from the kit, a title from my stash of alphas, and some hand stitching around the edges of the page. 




Now for the BONUS Easter card! Last week I used a stencil to apply my left-over mixed media paste to white cardstock. I cut that piece down to 5 3/8 x 4 1/4 to be just slightly smaller than my card base. Then I just added some sweet ephemera pieces from the kit and I was done. 
It was the simplest card ever!




Be sure to stop by the Shimmerz Paint store to check out all of the fabulous color options! Don't forget to add my name, Brandy Vaughn, to your order for a FREE product!! 

I would love it if you would check out my process video also!



Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a lovely, crafty day!

xoxo
Brandy






No comments: