Saturday, February 24, 2024

Enjoy Life and Have Fun | Brandy Vaughn | February Color Kitz

 Hi everyone! I'm back today with another layout using the February kits. I really wanted to get these photos scrapped before the end of the month. 


I began by running a smooth piece of white cardstock through an embossing folder. I cut the pieces down to 5-inch squares and applied my mixed media. I added my first color and let it dry completely before adding my second color. I then let that one dry completely and went in with my 3rd and 4th colors while each was wet. 


When those were dry, I added some machine stitching around the edges and adhered them to black cardstock. Then I fussy cut the flowers from a piece of paper in the kit and used a fine paintbrush and Shimmerz paint to color them in. 



Next, I stamped my title and some leaves with black solvent ink and fussy cut those out. I also chose a Vibes from my stash to color in the leaves. 


Finally, I completed my layout with more embellishments from the kit, and a few gems from my stash, and then backed the whole thing with another patterned paper from the kit. 


I hope I have inspired you to try mixed media on your next layout. Check out the Shimmerz Paints store online to see all of the amazing products. If you purchase, don't forget to add my name, BRANDY VAUGHN to your order for a free paint! You can also view my full process video below. 



Have a lovely, crafty day! 
xoxo
Brandy


 




No comments: