Tuesday, November 14, 2023

 Hey it's MK!  Today I'm sharing a layout about my son all dressed up for a dance.  I decided to use fall colors because of the orange tones in my photo created by the setting sun.


I used packaging from the collection I'm working with for my photo mat.  Once I got the placement of my photo mat and strips of paper, I traced them lightly with a pencil.  Now that I have the outlines of where all my bits are going to go, I'll start putting color around the lines with the packaging technique.  The first color I put down is Inklingz Burnished Buckle.  This is such a beautiful brown with a very light shimmer.  I added Blingz + Shimmerz Spiced Cider on top of and next to the Burnished Buckle color.  The Spiced Cider adds a gorgeous green iridescent sparkle to the brown mixture.  Before the browns have time to soak into the paper, I added some Inklingz Spotlight White in a few spots around the layout so soften the edges of the browns.  Lastly, I splattered around the layout using Vibez Punkin' Pie and used the tube from the bottle to lightly paint the color in a few areas.



Now that my background is dried and all my pieces have been added back to the layout, I'll start embellishing.  I added a few more banners to a pre-printed bunting so I could change the colors up a bit as well as hide some words that didn't go with my layout.  I added a few flowers and leaves on the left side of my photo to fill in the gap between the left cluster and the photo cluster.








That is all that I have for you today.  Thank you so much for stopping by!  Here is the process video, if you'd like to see how this layout came together:


I hope you have a great one and I'll check back in soon.











No comments: