Friday, November 17, 2023

December Memories | Sarah Millerhouse | November Color Kitz

Hello! I love using the beautiful November Color Kitz, combined with a couple of colors from past Color Kitz, to create this fun Christmas layout! 

I started this layout by making six imperfect circles or splotches of color! I knew I wanted clusters of circles, so I used the paints as the base for each cluster. I used two colors from the November Color Kitz: Shimmerz - Christmas Cheer and Blingz - Gold-N-Roses. I also used the Color Splash - Flashy Flamingo (which is my new favorite color and can be found on almost every layout I am making right now) and Creameez - Boogie Boardin’ Blue, both from the September Color Kitz. I applied each of the colors with a paintbrush to better control where the color landed, and then I added a few splatters of each one. I love how these colors work together and perfectly match the collection I used! 

While that was drying, I cut a bunch of circles from patterned papers from the new Sugarplum Wishes collection. I cut circles in varying sizes and patterns from 1.5 in to 3 in. Once the paints were dry, I clustered the circles together, mixing patterns, on the areas where I splashed the colors. 


I added my photos, matted on more of the patterned papers. I then lightly embellished the clusters of circles with ephemera from the collection. 

I used two alpha sets from the collection for the title and date. I finished off the layout with shiny Christmas bits from Buttons Galore and Pops of Color! 

I hope you have a beautiful weekend ahead! If you haven’t gotten your hands on the Color Kitz yet, do yourself a favor and take the plunge! You won’t regret it! If you place an order, please add my name, Sarah Millerhouse, to the comment section for a free gift!








No comments: