Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Autumn - Hello Fall | Sarah Millerhouse | November Color Kitz

The November Color Kitz and Paper Kitz are so soft and beautiful! They remind me almost of what I imagine to be a French country fall vibe! I love the soft colors, and because they are outside of my usual style, it was a fun challenge for me to use them to create all the layers and details I love to include. I have a full process video up on the Shimmerz YouTube channel linked at the end! 


I started on the background by using a stencil as a stamp with the beautiful Inklingz - Ruby Lost Her Slippers. With the stencil still down, I added on the Shimmerz - Christmas Cheer. I love the beautiful golden yellow sparkle! This is my favorite Shimmerz yellow! Below that on the page, I added the Vibez - Hot Fudge and Blingz - Gold-N-Roses. I used a piece of textured packaging to smoosh it in. I added some splatters of Christmas Cheer, Ruby Lost Her Slippers, and Gold-N-Roses. 


I printed my photos in black and white, since the colors in the actual photos were too bright for the colors in this collection. I layered patterned paper from the Kitz and coordinating cardstock from my stash behind the photos. I also colored the white tags from Felicity Jane that were included in the Paper Kitz with Blingz - Gold-N-Roses.  I layered those behind the photos as well. 

I fussy cut elements from several of the patterned papers found in the Kitz and used those to layer across the bottom of the page and to the top right of the photos. I added different thicknesses of craft foam between the layers for added dimension. I also layered in some Dotz from the November collection

I added on a few acrylic pieces from Bramble Fox for the title and added embellishments. I also placed some shiny bits from Pinkfresh Studio around the page and finished it off with Pops of Color. I went back and added a few splatters of the Vibez - Rasin' Cane to tie in the black a little more. 


I have a full process video up on the Shimmerz YouTube Channel linked here: Shimmerz YouTube Channel

Remember, if you are placing a Shimmerz order, be sure to put my name, Sarah Millerhouse,  in the comments section on your order to receive a free gift! Have a beautiful week! 



No comments: