Friday, October 13, 2023

Perfect/Rhonda Reno/ October 2023 Color Kitz

 Good morning! It's Rhonda here today sharing a new layout using the October Color Kitz from Shimmerz Paints! 


I started my layout by adding some clear gesso to a sheet of smooth white 120# cardstock. And, then the fun part of adding paint to paper...my favorite!
Unfortunately, the nature of mixed media in scrapbooking is that so much of our "art" gets covered up when we start putting our pages together. But, you can definitely see it on this layout peeking around all the edges.
The colors in this month's kit are phenomenal together as always. 

After creating my background I painted and sprayed the colors onto some regular white cardstock (I did not add gesso to this cardstock). Once this was dry I used a Tim Holtz leaf die to cut out some leaves for my layout.
Photos just don't do justice to these leaves, y'all. I used all 5 colors from the kit to create these.
For the green leaf I combined the Vibez "Wild Spruce Chase" and the Spritz "Bamboo Leaf." The Color Splash "Back In The Saddle" is absolutely stunning. It's a bronze/gold and I am totally in love with it! 

 And, side note, if you haven't tried the Color Splash paints from Shimmerz you're really missing out because they are completely different than the other water based sprays. The Color Splash are acrylic based and highly pigmented.
The remaining three colors in this kit are Inklingz "Penny 4 Your Thoughts" and Shimmerz "Fire & Brimstone." 
And, again, I used all the colors to create these leaves.

You can see how amazing the colors are in the leaves in the following photos:




 I truly enjoyed creating with this month's kit. I couldn't have chosen a better collection of paints to complement this photo of my oldest son. And you can spot the gorgeous colors on the background peeking around the other elements on this page.

I hope you have found some inspiration today and if you're interested in grabbing one of the Color Kitz from Shimmerz before they're gone you can follow this link and be sure to leave the name of any design team member in the comment section for little freebie included in your order: 

October 2023 Color Kitz

 


Happy creating!
 

No comments: