Monday, October 23, 2023

Happy Family Time | Sarah Millerhouse | October 2023 Color Kitz


The colors in the October 2023 Color Kitz give me all the feelings of fall! I used this beautiful collection of colors to capture this sweet fall family memory. 


On the background, I started by adding texture paste through a circle stencil from Peartree Cutfiles, adding the pattern of circles here and there. I then added a wreath of colors in a large circle around the page. I just added rough, free-handed bands of color around the circle. I used all the colors in the October Color Kitz (Inklingz - Penny 4 Your Thoughts, Color Splash - Back in the Saddle, Spritz - Bamboo Leaf, Vibez - Wild Spruce Chase, and Shimmerz - Fire & Brimstone). I also added in the pink Color Splash - Flashy Flamingo from the September Color Kitz. 


These colors paired beautifully with patterned paper from the Where to Next? collection that I used to back the Leaf Wreath cutfile from Paige Evans. I also cut tags from the collection to act as a base for my photos. 


Around the wreath, I chose leaves and a few flowers from my stash to layer in and behind it. This added depth and texture and matched the colors well. I also added in wooden gold foiled leaves from a past Hip Kit. 


As a finishing touch, I added in some shiny bits from Buttons Galore (Half Pearlz, Crystalz, and Blingz) to add a little more sparkle. I also added in the title around my photos.


I enjoyed every moment of creating with the beautiful October Color Kitz. Remember if you place an order from Shimmerz, add my name, Sarah Millerhouse, in the comments section to receive a free gift!
Have a beautiful week!
 















No comments: