Thursday, October 12, 2023

Thankful | Sarah Millerhouse | October 2023 Color Kitz

I absolutely loved every second of creating with the October 2023 Color Kitz and Paper Kitz! The colors and patterns are so very gorgeous! 

I started with Foundations mixed media white cardstock and sprayed on the Spritz - Bamboo Leaf. I also sprinkled in the Vibez - Wild Spruce Chase to add some variation in color. Once that dried, I added texture paste through a small scaled square stencil from Scrapbook.com. Once the texture paste dried, I put the stencil back down and used a foam ink dauber to spread the Shimmerz - Fire & Brimstone on the little squares. I also smudged on a little of this color here and there without the stencil. 

Once that was mostly dry, I sprinkled on the Inklingz - Penny 4 Your Thoughts and Color Splash - Back in the Saddle (such a BEAUTIFUL color!). 

I then fussy cut pumpkins and foliage from the patterned papers in the Kitz the create embellishment clusters triangulated around my photo.

I added the Thankful perspextive from Bramble Fox, dots from Pops of Color, and lots of shiny bits from Buttons Galore. The Color Kitz this month is SO beautiful and reminds me of all the good things about fall! 

I have all the details in the full process video up on the Shimmerz YouTube channel here: Process Video

If you place a Shimmerz Paints order, be sure to add my name, Sarah Millerhouse, to the comments section to receive a free gift! Have a beautiful day! 



No comments: