Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Life is Better Lakeside | Shimmerz Paints | MK Gunn

Hey it's MK!  Today I'm playing along with a sketch and decided to replace the papers with painted trees.

  I used Creameez Pining for You, Spritz Bamboo Leaf, Creameez Sage it So, Inklings Chocolate & Diamonds & Inklings Penny 4 Your Thoughs to color my trees.  I put my trees in a spray box and sprayed them with Spritz Bamboo Leaf. While they were stil wet, I added Creameez Pining for You at the base of the "needles".  I dabbed Creameez Sage it So here and there at the tops of the trees.  The trunks are painted in Inklingz Penny 4 Your Thoughts and I added lines & swirls using Inklingz Chocolate & Diamonds.  Set thta off to the side to dry...



While my trees were drying, I trimmed and matted my photos; fussy cut around the pre-made title.

Now it's time to put the layout together.  I used the sketch as my inspiration.  The sketch has a bunch of photos cascading down the right side.  I only had 4 photos, so I decided to used super old framed collage stickers to help build up my cascade. The stickers add the illusion that there is alot more going on than there really is.


I used my trees to replace the paper strips that were supposed to be going down the right side of the layout. and I used the pre-printed background paper to help extend the title.



That is all that I have for you today.  Thank you so much for stopping by!  Here is the process video, if you'd like to see how this layout came together:


I hope you have a great one and I'll check back in soon.









 

No comments: