Saturday, September 16, 2023

Spooktacular Halloween | Shimmerz Paints | MK Gunn

Hey it's MK!  Today, I'm having way too much fun prepping for the season...Halloween season!  It is one of my favorite seasons to decorate for.  You can have so much fun with it.

For my layout, I used Shimmerz Paints and sprays to alter acrylic pieces, punched borders & cut file bats.


I started out by gesso-ing my acrylic pieces and setting them off to the side to dry.  While they were drying, I used Coloringz in My Bleeding Heart & Scarlett's Fever to spray my border punched pieces.  To get the intensity I was looking for, I sprayed once; set them off to dry; sprayed again.  I used Shimmerz Coal to paint all the bats.   By this time the gesso was dry and I was able to paint my hands using Coloringz My Bleeding Heart.




After all my elements were dry, I sorted my pieces into grouping for clusters on my layout.  I added other miscellaneous Halloween-related embellishments into my clusters along with a title.  







I had so much fun putting this layout together. The last element I added were some splatters in Coloringz Freshly Squeezed and Creameez Thunderstorm.  



That is all that I have for you today.  Thank you so much for stopping by!  Here is the process video, if you'd like to see how this layout came together:


I hope you have a great one and I'll check back in soon.








 

No comments: