Monday, September 11, 2023

Going Places | Sarah Millerhouse | September 2023 Color Kitz

 


Hello! I absolutely LOVE the September Color Kitz and Paper Kitz, and I am thrilled to share my first layout using this beautiful collection! I have a process video linked at the bottom that gives all the details of how I created the layout! 

I started by fussy cutting several of the patterned papers to layer up for the background of the layout. I also fussy cut all the ephemera (flowers, feathers, leaves, and butterflies) I would use from the ephemera sheet. 


Once that was all cut, I got to work with the beautiful paints! The bottom layer of the layout is Foundations mixed media cardstock. I added the Vibez - Seas the Day and Creameez - Boogie Boardin' Blue in the top left and bottom right corners of the layout. I spread these two colors around with a paintbrush and sat that off to dry. 


In the center of the layout, I added the patterned paper with the bold pink outlined circle and black detailing around it. I trimmed out the white between each black line. In the center of the white circle, I added the Shimmerz - Marigold. This is a beautiful orange! On top of that I splattered a little of the Shimmerz - So Sappy (almost like a beautiful rose gold). Once that dried, I added the BEAUTIFUL Color Splash - Flashy Flamingo using a circle stamp. I love the detail this added! I also added some splatters of this color. You get all five of the beautiful colors I've named in the September Color Kitz collection. 


Once those layers were dry and added to the layout, I added my photo from our Greece trip (standing in front of the original Olympic Stadium...the circle theme in the Paper Kitz was perfect for this photo) offset to the bottom right. I then layered up the flowers and leaves from the ephemera sheet to create my floral clusters, adding to the flowers already on the floral circle I added. I also added in feathers and butterflies. 


Once my clusters were built, I added shiny bits from Buttons Galore, Pops of Color, and the title perspextive from Bramble Fox - Going Places. 


I adore how this layout turned out and all the beautiful colors in the September Kitz! 

I have a full process video linked here: Full Process Video

Be sure to add my name, Sarah Millerhouse, to the comment section of your next order (which should be immediately to purchase this Color Kitz) to receive a free gift! Have a beautiful week! 














No comments: