Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Bring On The Sun/Rhonda Reno-Color Kitz

 Hey guys! It's Rhonda back with you today to share my latest layout for Shimmerz using the incredibly stunning Color Kitz paints for September. 


 As soon as I saw this month's color kitz with all the gorgeous vibrant colors I knew I wanted to create something fanciful.
The idea for the feathers I used on this page was rather spur of the moment. Inspiration struck and I just rain with it. I began by adding clear gesso to a sheet of 8.5x11 smooth white cardstock. I then added all the paint colors from this month's kit. As you can see here the colors were fabulous but even I was a bit skeptical for a couple minutes about how I was actually going to turn this into a layout.


Once it was dry however and I'd added some white and gold splatters I set to free hand cutting out some feather shapes from each painted area. And, y'all what I ended up with was this amazing pile of beautiful feathers! I honestly could not loves these more!!



After playing around with different layout designs I decided to layer the feathers down the left side of the layout.  Once I had my feathers laid out I got busy painting some flowers to coordinate! 


I used the flowers to create a cluster above my feathers. I added some sequins here and there around the floral clusters for some extra sparkle.



I created the title in Silhouette.

Such a fun, whimsical layout created using the paints from the September color kitz 

You'll find the paints in the Shimmerz shop as well as the coordinating paper bundle which is to die for! 

I sure hope you've found some inspiration today. I had so much fun creating this layout and I know you will too! 

Happy crafting! Be sure to share all your projects using Shimmerz products in our Facebook group Shimmerz Paints Sharez and tag us on IG!


 




No comments: