Saturday, May 20, 2023

Happy Days | Sarah Millerhouse | Shimmerz Paints - Color Splash


Hello, Shimmerz Paints Friends! I am SO excited to be sharing my first layout using the brand new Color Splash Glossy Acrylic Sprays! They are simply amazing, and they might very well be my new favorite mixed media product on the planet! 


These sprays are fabulous in so many ways! I first noticed how beautifully they coat the surface you spray. They have a beautiful opaque quality, and a little goes a long way! 


The next thing I noticed is that when sprayed together and swirled around with a brush, the colors stay true to themselves, and I didn't get any muddy colors. The photo above depicts how amazing they are when swirled around and mixed together. 


If you know me or my style, you know that I love a good splatter on a page! For me, this is where the true magic happened with this medium. I had a whole bunch of color on my page, and it was still wet and swirling around. As I splattered on other colors, they sat where they landed, held their shape and tone, and added texture to each spot. Coming from a person who loves to play with every medium available to figure out what works, I am telling you that this is a rare quality! 


The Color Splash sprays also have a magical finish! The glossy effect is stellar! With some mediums, as they dry, you get a fading of vibrancy and the colors tend to continue to mix until set. That didn't happened here! The medium sits on top of the paper and coats it with color! I LOVE these sprays!!! 


To see this page come to life, check out the full process video linked here: Full Process Video
As always, if you place an order, be sure to add my name, Sarah Millerhouse, to the comment section of the order to receive a free gift! Happy creating! 










No comments: