Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Shimmerz Paints | MK Gunn | Looking Through the Blind

 Hey, It's MK today!  I am so excited to be sharing my layout!  I had no clue where it was going, but very happy with the end results.

I chose a yellow color pallet based off my photos and added some brown for contrast.

Creameez: Dandy Lion & Get Glowing

Inklinigz: Minier Miner 49er

Shimmerz: Bumbly Bee

Vibes: Snowstorm & Hot Fudge

I started my background by drawing a circle using my large cutting tool.  Then I used the packaging technique with all my yellows starting with the lightest color being Miner Miner 49er, then Get Glowing, Bumbly Bee & ending with Dandy Lion.  I applied the color mostly on the inside of the circle, but wanted some to sprinkle out.  Once I had all the yellows applied, I used Dandy Lion and Miner Miner 49er to add some splatters around the outside of the circle.


Because my pencil line still showed, I decided to take a Vibes in Hot Fudge, using the tubing to draw along the pencil line. Then I got the idea to make it look like a wreath and draw some twigs sticking out.


While that was drying, I painted a portion of my title using Bumbly Bee & Dandy Lion to create a slight ombre effect.


I worked on my photo cluster, giving the background and title time to dry.  I used foam sheets to glue my photo cluster to the background and my pencil line to help me arch my title.  To assist in the grassy effect, I chose gold leaves from a few Thicker packs, wood veneer leaves and homemade tree rings.


Lastly, I added some splatters from Vibes Snowstorm and, before it had a chance to dry, I quickly added Vibes Hot Fudge on top of Snowstorm so I could create different shades of brown. I also liked how the two sprays reacted to the ink used on the tree rings.


That is all I have for you today.  Thank you so much for stopping by!  I hope you have a great one and I'll check back in soon.


If you'd like to see the process for this layout, you can find it here: 












No comments: