Monday, March 13, 2023

Happy | March 2023 Color & Paper Kitz | Sarah Millerhouse

Hello! It's Sarah Millerhouse here, and I am so excited to share my new layout featuring the March Color Kitz and the Paper Color Kitz collections! They coordinate perfectly and are so beautiful together. Be sure to check out the process video linked at the end of this post!


I started with one of the beautiful patterned papers from the Paper Kitz. I love the imperfect circles and what looks like ink droplets. I added the beautiful purple shade to the circle using the Creameez - Paradise Punch from the Color Kitz. In the bottom left corner, I added splashes of green using the Vibez - Ocean Water. 

Once that dried, I added texture paste through a Paige Evans stencil. This gives great texture and a cheetah pattern. I let everything dry overnight. I then added the beautiful pink to the top of the pattern using Inklingz - Loose Lips, Pink Ships. 


I then cut strips of patterned papers from the Paper Kitz 6 inches long by two-ish inches wide. I used my We R Memory Keepers border punch to add some detailing to the strips and layered them starting in the bottom left corner. I bent up the edges a little to add some dimension. 


I then added my sweet photo that coordinates so well with the colors in these Kitz. I created floral clusters to the left and top left of the photo and to the right side of the paper strips. Most of the flowers and ephemera are from the embellishment sheet in the Paper Kitz that I fussy cut out and layered up. I added craft foam behind the flowers in varying thicknesses to add dimension. 


I created the title using a puffy sticker from the the Felicity Jane sticker sheet in the Paper Kitz and a phrase that I fussy cut from the phrase strips in the collection. 


I finished up the layout by adding sequins and lots of shine bits from my stash to the flowers and around the clusters. I also adding some Pops of Color and Liquid Pearls for some added detailing and dimension. I LOVED using both of these Kitz to create this layout! I hope it inspires you in some way! My full process video is linked below! 


Be sure to add my name in the comment section of your next Shimmerz order for a free gift!!












No comments: