Thursday, February 2, 2023

Shimmerz Paints | MK Gunn | These are the Days

Good morning! Happy Groundhog's Day! Today I am scraplifting a layout I made a few years back.  I love these types of layouts where the "rules" are thrown out the window and I just get to create.


For this layout I used some raw chipboard pieces that I painted using Inklings in Rose Colored Glasses, Coral Reef & Penny 4 Your Thoughts.  I also used Shimmerz in Shake off the Rust and So Sappy.


I started by messily painting here and there with Rose Colored Glasses.  When you first put your color on raw chipboard it is going to soak right through. Only the shimmer stays on top.  The magic of chipboard is, once the first paint dries, then all the other colors start to stay on top and become more vibrant.

  I mixed in Coral Reef with Rose Colored Glasses before the chipboard was dried.  I let that sit for a minute and came back in with Shake off the Rust.  Just a gorgeous color!  But I'm not done yet.  Next I came in with blotches of So Sappy - OH MY STARS! I think this is my new favorite color! Lastly, I'm going to do a bit of shading with Penny 4 Your Thoughts.


Once the chipboard was completely dried, I came back in with Rose Colored Glasses to give the chipboard a more rose gold look.  I then finished them off with a few splatters of white acrylic paint watered down.


I am very happy with how these came out!  Now to add them to my layout!  I tucked them in and out of some mirrored frames and under my photos.  I also added in some acetate leaves and white cardstock baby's breath.  Lastly, I added some splatters using Rose Colored Glasses.








Thank you so much for stopping by today!  I hope you have a great one and I'll check back in soon.


Don't forget, if you mention my name in the comment section during check out, you'll get a free gift - YAHOO!

Here is a video showing my layout process if you'd like to go check it out:


Thank you, MK














No comments: