Saturday, January 28, 2023

Fun in the Sun | January Color Kitz | Sarah Millerhouse

 I am excited to share this layout I created using the January Color Kitz! The colors are beautiful and worked perfectly with the colors and patterns I used from the Sun Catcher collection from Heidi Swapp. 


I began this layout using a 12 x 12 stencil from Peartree Cutfiles and adding Inklingz - Rose Colored Glasses - through that stencil. I added plenty of water so that the medium bled a little behind the stencil. I love a slightly more whimsical, messy look. If you want a cleaner, more perfect look, you could let the water sit in the Inklingz for longer until the medium is a little thicker, and then add it through the stencil. 


I kept the stencil on the paper (Foundations Mixed Media White Cardstock) for a couple of hours so that i was mostly dry. Lifting the stencil too quickly can create a mess, so to ensure that it turns out well, be patient and let it dry thoroughly. 


I then added patterned paper from the Sun Catcher collection on either side of the layout. The pinks in the collection work beautifully with the Rose Colored Glasses. 


I also used the Rose Colored Glasses to paint the chipboard frame I used to frame my photo. I loved tying in the colors by adding them in several places on the layout. 


Added lots of splatters of Shimmerz - Coal - to the background and Shimmerz - Silver Bells - to some of the embellishments. I love the Shimmerz because of the sparkle and shine they add to the layout and any surface they touch! 


I finished the layout by adding embellishments from the Sun Catcher collection, Simple Stories - Summer Lovin, Scrappin Happy Studio, My Mind's Eye - Jubilee, and 49 and Market - Spectrum Sherbet. 

Click below to watch the full process video where I share all of my tips and tricks! 


Have a beautiful and creative weekend! - Sarah Millerhouse






No comments: