Wednesday, November 2, 2022

 Hey, MK here for a short little technique that I am obsessed with and wanted to share!

I pulled all of my fall colors to use for this technique: Tarnished Treasure, Bumbly Bee, Miner Miner 49er, Dandy Lion, Just Peachie, So Sappy, Can't Elope, My Clementine, Penny 4 Your Thoughts, Spiced Cider & finally Coffee...Whew!


Once all my paints were good and juicy, i just slapped a few colors on my glass mat, sprinkled a few drops of Rose Gold Red and spritzed with water to create a vein effect with my colors.  Then I put the negative pieces of my cut file in the wet paint and let them sit there untill they were completely saturated with color.


I hit it with my heat tool until all the leaves were completely dry, then I sprinkled some Miner Miner 49er all over the leaves.  Dried them again with the heat tool...


Alright, time to put the pieces back in the cut file!


You guys, I'm seriously in love with doing this technique now.  Messy, but the effects are SO cool!  Please let me know if you give it a try.

Thank you for stopping by!  Remember, everytime you put my name in the comment section of your next order, you'll receive a free gift!



Check out my process video here:

https://youtu.be/lezrrdcbBfk

I'll see you next time for another Shimmerz project!

Check you later!
MK












No comments: