Wednesday, September 14, 2022

September 2022 Color Kitz | Brianna Lepper

Hey friends!  Brianna Lepper here today sharing a layout using the beautiful September 2022 Color Kitz. This months kit has some pretty Fall colors in it and I had so much fun creating my page!


When working with the Color Kitz, I always work with the cut file first.  I cut it once and then offset the inner pieces so that after I was done adding my paints to it, it would be the perfect size to back my cut file with.  I painted all of my backing pieces using all of the colors in the kit.  Make sure to check out my process video at the end of this post so you can see how I painted them all.  


I used a piece of thick white cardstock as my base and sprayed/splattered all of the colors (minus Olive Branch) all over the background.  I just wanted a little something extra behind my cut file.  I popped the cut file up on foam tape and adhered it down vertically.  


Here's an up close shot at another part of the cut file.  


Next, I matted my photo with one of the Vintage Journaling Cards from the kit and layered a few ephemera pieces from my stash around it as well.  


I then added the Dotz from the kit around my page making sure to add one with my title. 


Here's another cluster with one of the other Dotz.  I didn't embellish too heavily because I wanted my mixed media and cut file to be a big part of my layout.  


Here's one last look at my layout using this super pretty Color Kit!


Thank you so much for stopping by today, I hope that I've inspired you in some way!  Make sure to add my name to the notes/comments section of all of your Shimmerz orders and you'll receive a small freebie. See you next time friends!  
xo Brianna















No comments: