Wednesday, July 13, 2022

July 2022 Color Kitz | Brianna Lepper

 Hey friends!  Brianna Lepper here today sharing a new layout using the super gorgeous July 2022 Color Kitz!  Here's my layout and make sure to check out my process video at the end of this post: 


To start, I took the stencil from the kit and applied some glimmer paste from my stash through it.  For my base, I used a thick piece of white cardstock that I had prepped with gesso first.  Once the paste was finished drying, I painted the Frosty Buns Inklingz around the page and added some paint splatters using Pip Pip Cherry O Shimmerz and Razzdazzle Berry Vibez.  

Next, I cut the cut file out on textured white cardstock.  This months cut file has eight different butterfly layers and I chose to only use three of them.  I chose the solid (bottom layer) and the top two (most intricate layers) to layer on top of the solid ones.  While they were still on my cutting mat, I sprayed them both using all of the colors in the kit, except for Frosty Buns.  I wanted the pinks, oranges and yellows to really pop off of the page.  


Once they were finished drying, I layered them up and ran them through my sewing machine.  I adhered them down to my now dry background and fluffed up their wings a bit.  


I got to work on the rest of my layout by matting my photo and building embellishment clusters.  I pulled out the Dotz from the kit and used them as foundation pieces for each cluster.  I always add tangled thread under each one to give them more color and interest.  


Here's another embellishment cluster: 


Thank you so much for stopping by today and I hope that I've inspired you in some way.  Don't forget to add my name to the notes/comments section of all of your Shimmerz orders to receive a free gift!  See you next time friends!
















No comments: