Thursday, July 7, 2022

Giant Moths | Shimmerz Paints | Guest: MK Gunn


 Hey Friends! MK stopping by as a guest designer this month. I am very excited to share my first project using Shimmerz Paints. I have to admit I was very intimidated by these little pots, but now I’m addicted!

The colors I used for this layout are: Tarnished Treasure; Pining For You; Burnished Buckle; & Miner Miner 49er. I also used a few sprays: Don’t Be Suede & Hot Fudge. 



Here are a few other supplies that I used to create this layout.



I used the pots to stamp on my background with some leaf stamps.  I used a paint brush to apply the piant to my stamps, remembering not to apply too much, and then randomly stamped in all the blank spaces of my layout.


While that was drying, I colored some cut files with the pots & sprays. Again, using a paint brush, I messily applied the paint to my cut files matching the like leaves to the ones that I stamped.  Then I dipped my brush into the Hot Fudge spray to use it as a paint as well.




To back my moth cut files, I used vellum that was colored using Hot Fudge spray painted on my clear stamp block and then "stamped" onto the vellum.



Once my leaves were dry, I glued them over the areas that were stamped to give them a "filled-in" effect.  I love the busyness of this layout, yet the subtle colors keep it all in check.





Thank you for stopping by!  Remember, everytime you put my name in the comment section of your next order, you'll receive a free gift!



Check out my process video here:


I'll see you next week for another Shimmerz project!

Check you later!
MK





No comments: