Thursday, July 21, 2022

 Hey Friends!  MK back for one last guest project for this month.  I had so much fun painting with a few of the blue hues that Shimmerz has to offer.

The colors I used for this layout are: Tarnished Treasure; Frosty Buns; Steely Blue Eyes; & Blue My Mind.  I aslo used some of my favorite sprays; Love Ocean #9; Well Blue Me Down; Glorious Day; & Don't Rain on my Parade.


I sprayed some wood veneer with the Don't Rain on my Parade spray.  Some wood veneer takes a few coats, this particular wood veneer took three coats before I got the saturation i was looking for.


I used the 4 pots to paint some cut file feathers.  Before I started painting, I lightly sprayed the feathers with water so the paint would flow and blend.



Lastly, I splattered all 4 sprays throughout the embellishment strip to bring the cluster all together.   Blew Me Down and Love Ocean #9 do look alike while wet,  when they dry, they add depth by being light and dark of the same shade.  Very beautiful!  Also, I had trouble splattering Glorious Day until I realized that I had to spritz it for the first time, then it splattered beautifully!


Thank you for stopping by!  I had a blast joining the Shimmerz Team this month!

Remember, everytime you put my name in the comment section of your next order, you'll receive a free gift!


Check out my process video here:

Check you later!
MK



No comments: