Thursday, October 7, 2021

So Magical Together | Shimmerz Tonez Plum Pudding | Mixed Media Layout

 Hello Shimmerz Family!


Have you had the chance to check out the new Shimmerz Tonez set? If not, click here to view them. The Shimmerz Tonez set contains at least 5 different tones of the same color making them excellent for monochromatic layouts, and building up colorful layers on your crafting projects. I chose Plum Pudding as my Tonez set (because I just love purple!) for making this layout.

I originally thought about making a monochromatic layout, but ended up mixing yellow and gold with pops of green into it.

Let's get into it!

I began with a plain piece of white textured cardstock, and scraped gold acrylic paint unto it. Once that dried, I covered part of it with clear gesso in order limit the amount of colors mixing together. I then splashed Plum Crazy and Purple Peony unto the background, and colored the fussy cut flowers with Plum Crazy, Purple Peony and Sugar Plum. I also colored a few of them with Dandylion (not part of the kit), and Keep Palm and Frogget Me not (also not part of the kit) for the leaves. Selecting a doily from my stash, I sprayed it with Plum Pudding to change its color.

As soon as everything dried, I assembled my pictures and flowers as seen above; I created dimension by adding craft foam beneath some of the flowers. Placed my title (Foam Titles from Cocoa Vanilla Studios) and added in a couple of florals from Paige Evans' Bloom Street collection. Finally I splashed some Plum Pudding, Purple Peony, and gold acrylic paint all around my layout to tie everything in.

That's it! Close-ups are down below; if you'd like to watch a process video on it, click here.

Thank you so much for joining me today; remember, you can get a freebie on your next Shimmerz order by typing "Lorimar" in the notes section.

- Shimmerz On,

Lorimar






No comments: