Sunday, October 10, 2021

Happy Haunting-featuring the October 2021 Color Kitz-Rhonda Reno

 Hello everyone, today I have a layout to share featuring the October 2021 Color Kitz from Shimmerz. The kit is absolutely perfect for documenting those Halloween photos and yet would also work beautifully with those fall themed projects on your to-do list.


I started this layout using the Vibez spray in “Plum Tuckered Out” and building until I had a large circular shape on my gessoed white cardstock. I also added in hints of the Inklinz “I'm Not Limon” and Shimmerz “Carrot Top."

 I love creating mixed media layouts and had so much fun blending these colors together for my background. Once the background was dry I came in with some splatters in matching colors and added in some dark shimmery splatters using the Creameez in “Thunderstorm” as well as Shimmerz “Black Magic.” The Black Magic is so so shimmery AND it has some gold glitter flecks in it as well and it is gorgeous!


I covered my cut file with Ranger's Moonstone glitter gel and backed it with a dark purple cardstock.

I hadn't used wire in years but I pulled some purple craft wire from my stash and created a couple of little swirlies around my pumpkin stem for some added texture and dimension.


I used one of the epoxy Dotz also included in the kit. The Dotz are always a great addition to any layout and you can find lots of them in the Shimmerz store.


I added some machine stitching that is mostly hidden and lots of odd and end embellishments to finish this layout. I just love how it came out.


I hope you've found some inspiration today. Remember to head over to the Shimmerz store and grab your October Color Kitz before they're gone.



Happy scrapping, friends!





No comments: