Thursday, September 30, 2021

Shimmerzpaints Design Team Post, Wishes, a canvas by Melissa Larson

 Hi everyone! Melissa here, with a new design team project for the amazing Shimmerz Paints, I love                                                                 their rich texture and colors!  

To make this I applied white gesso to the 5x7 canvas, and the chipboard pieces. I stenciled on Prima Platinum Texture Paste with a spatula. I placed all the items on, and started painting. 
I kept adding things, and more layers of paint and mica powder. A lot of the things are from Reneabouquets.






To add visual interest I added micro beads, seed beads, glass glitter ,gold leaf,glass beads, pearls, rhinestones,  glass hearts,sequins,tulle,lace, iridescent wrapping paper, feathers from my yard,pressed and dried flowers, Tim Holtz rub ons, a flower from  Reneabouquets,and bling and from my stash.The fussy cut pieces are from Graphic 45.Most of the things are glued on individually with Glossy Accents. 








On the chipboard frame I used Olive U Truly Inklingz, and Run Forest Run Shimmerz.The flowers are Magenta Shimmerz, topped with Honeymoon, Inklingz.

I used the same colors on the rest of the canvas, along with Penny 4 Your Thoughts, Imperial AmethystPink- A -Boo, and Blue My Mind Inklingz, and Peacock's Plume  Shimmerz. 

All the gold is mica powder, rubbed on the edges and raised areas.
















Thank you so much for looking!










 




No comments: