Thursday, August 26, 2021

Painted Sunflowers|Sara Scraps

 Hello Everone! Sara with you today! When I sat down to create my project for today, I decided I wanted to paint..and I wanted to paint a flower. A shimmery, pretty sunflower. The best way to make my sunflower be the star of the show would be to put it on a card. 

 I started by grabbing some metal dies..painting freehand is not my best ability. Sooo..I decided to die cut my sunflower and leaves using some hot press watercolor paper. this allowed my to add layers of paint to my flower without it warping or becoming too wet and tearing.


Once I had all my pieces die cut it was time to paint! I chose 2 or 3 colors in different shades for each of my flower elements. By choosing different shades of each color I could add highlights and shadows to my flower to create depth to my painting.
For the center of my flower, I chose Burnished Buckle Inklingz and Coffee Shimmerz
For the leaves I chose Celery Shimmerz, Honey Do List Inklingz, and Greener Pastures Inklings. I applied the same technique I would use to color an image with alcohol markers to the painting. started with a base coat of the lighter colors and then adding some shadows with the next two colors, working light to dark.










 

And here is my card! I used some cream cardstock for the base and some brown ink to bring out the edges. I added a dark burgundy stacked die cut sentiment and a smattering of sequins to highlight my sunflower.
I love how mixing the colors added so much interest and depth to my flower. It certainly does not look flat! 
And just look at all that pretty shimmer! 
As summer transitions into fall, sunflowers are the perfect late summer flower. Do you like sunflowers in your crafting? If so, be sure to grab some of this paints for perfect sunflowers! 
Have A Lovely Day! 
Sara 





No comments: